Happy leap day! I thought I would use this extra day to catch up on awards I received that I did not post yet.
The first one I received is from Pinkishbeauty11. She blogs about nails, makeup, and other very interesting things (like tea!). She also has a post on how to do UV gel nails. If you are interested, I definitely recommend you go check it out!
Accepting this award comes with a few rules
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
Let's start with the 7 random facts shall we?
- I am a first year student working on getting my Ph.D in behavioral neuroscience at Kent State University.
- When I am not in the lab doing research I am either painting my nails or watching old 90's shows on Netflix (currently watching Sliders!!)
- I love stripes! my closet is comprised of 46% (total guess here...) striped shirts. I prefer classic black and white but there are a few colorful ones in there too :)
- I'm a sucker for Asian makeup and skin care. Their packaging is always so cute and the shades (of BB cream and such) always match my skin tone perfectly
- English is not my first language. I spoke only French until I moved to the US when I was 11.
- I got my very own car as a graduation present last May. The best present ever!
- I used to keep my hair short but I've been growing it out for the past 2 years. I've decided that I will cut it when I receive my Masters.
Next is the lovely blog award that I received from Jun at Modpolish. Her blog is also pretty new but she has some really cool nail art that she has put up. For example, her Static Funk mani is out of this world!
The rules are:
1. Link back to the person you got it from
2. Tell seven things about yourself
3. Give the award to ten bloggers
I've already listed 7 things so I'm just going to say: refer to above list :)
Lastly I received the Butterfly Award, also from Jun at Modpolish.
The rules are:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer the following questions
3. Award to other bloggers and let them know
1. What's your favourite song?
I don't think I have one favorite song... Some days I feel like listening to my AsiaJam mix cd and my favorite song might by Chu~♥ by f(x). The next I could be feeling a little bleh and my go to song would be La tête haute by Les Cowboys Fringant. The I could be feeling relaxed and I would want to listen to something like Crystalized by the XX. I don't have a favorite song, just stuff I really like and stuff I don't really like :)
2. What's your favourite dessert?
fudgy brownies. Hot. With ice cream. yeah.....
3. What's your favourite pet?
My boyfriend and I have 3 cats and I love them all very dearly. However, I would have to say that I have a slight inclination for Mallory. Mostly because he is such a grouch and usually in a bad mood. I love being able to make him purr, it's like taming a dangerous animal! Check out the franken I created in honor him here
4. Black or White?
Grey has so much more depth....
5. What's your biggest fear?
being stabbed in the back. Literally. I remember watching this segment on America's Most Wanted where they talked about a boy who was stabbed in the back and was paralyzed. He just laid there for hours, unable to do anything. That really terrified me. Now when someone touches my lower back, it tenses up and starts to hurt. True Story.
6. What's your best feature?
my jovial personality! hahaha
7. What's your everyday attitude?
what needs to get done will get done. I learned this in one of my econ classes in college. Time is a scarce resource and there are unlimited activities which will consume it. However, the ones that need it the most will get it :)
8. What is perfection?
My wonderful man. He isn't perfect, but he is perfect for me :)
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
Korean dramas >_< they are so good! Boys over Flowers? That is the most wonderful love story I have ever heard.
Nominating time!! Here I am going for quality over quantity :)
- Iroshi Windwalker of It's Just a Hobby
- Mich and Jayo of The Polish Well
- Jackieee of Pamperd With Polish
- Miranda of Arfblart
Until next time ^_^